Sunday, 27 April 2008

Christos Anesti!



Χριστός ανέστη εκ νεκρών,
θανάτω θάνατον πατήσας,
και τοις εν τοις μνήμασι,
ζωὴν χαρισάμενος!

Christos anesti ek nekron,

thanato thanaton patisas,

ke tis en tis mnimasin,

zoin charisamenos!

Christ is risen from the dead,
Trampling down death by death,
And to those in the tombs
He has given life!

The Christos Anesti hymn sung at Easter celebrating the moment of Christ's resurrection is the most important and beautiful revelation of Christianity and poignant expression down the centuries of the Greek desire for the rebirth of our race and nation.

Kali Anastasi to everyone; and particularly to Stavros at My Greek Odyssey.

1 comment:

Stavros said...

Alithos o Kirios! The Lamb I barbecued this year was my best ever. (Even if I do say so myself.) Hope you had a great celebration with your family.